Multiage Magnet Program
The Valley Crossing Multiage Choice Program allows students to develop relationships with the same team of teachers and classmates over a two-year period.
Classrooms are grouped together as kindergarten and first grade, second and third grade and fourth and fifth grade. Instruction focuses on individual progress in both academic and social-emotional areas.
Districtwide transportation provided to students who live within the district boundaries and more than one mile from the school.
- Each classroom has a mix of ages and abilities.
- The intentional placement of students of different ages and abilities takes advantage of the natural diversity created.
- Students stay with the same teacher for two years (grades K-1, 2-3, 4-5).
- Teachers focus on continuous progress.
- Multiage allows teachers to differentiate and personalize learning for students.
- Mixed ages reflect everyday life.
- Strengthens relationships between child, teacher and family.
- Deeper knowledge of students.
- Each classroom is comprised of a wide range of skills and abilities. Differences are expected and therefore don't stand out.
- Students are able to be matched with the level they are ready for academically.
- Opportunities to be mentored and to be a mentor.
- Personalized learning is enhanced.
Siblings: Kindergarten students with siblings already in the program will be given priority status